Monday, January 17, 2011

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

First off, a bit of Chicago pride - GO BEARS!! Woohoo..I totally don't watch the regular season, I have to be honest.  Usually I am working on Sundays so I just don't think of it.  But come playoff time, I'm all about football.  My hubs is from New York so I'm hoping for a Bears/Jets Superbowl!  And another reason I'm still super excited for superbowl - the FOOD!  I get to eat whatever I want and really looking forward to it.

Today is my 16th day on the Daniel fast and I thought it would get easier, but I think it's getting a little more challenging, food wise.  I'm trying to remain focused and attempt new recipes that will make it easier.  Last night I made these stuffed baked potatoes.  They turned out good, and my non-fasting hubs enjoyed them too.  These are also from the Moosewood Restaurant Low Fat Favorites cookbook.

Stuffed Baked Potatoes
recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Low Fat Favorites



4 baking potatoes - I used sweet in this recipe but either would be delicious
2 cups corn kernels
1 cup cooked pinto beans
2 cups prepared salsa - for Daniel fast make sure there is no added sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400.  Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and bake, cut side down, for about 45 minutes, until soft.  Remove from oven.

Combine the corn, beans, and salsa and mix well.  When the potatoes are cool, scoop out the centers leaving 1/4 inch of pulp on the skin.  Mash the scooped out potato pulp and stir it into the corn mixture.  Add salt and pepper.  Refill the potato skins and bake for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment