Saturday, June 25, 2011

The tales of a terrible blogger

I did it again.  Almost said - Oops, I did it again.  But that's a little overused and a little too Britney eh?  Yes is the answer to that question.

I took a month long hiatus from blogger and the reason is threefold.

1- New job -- HOLLA!!  I also started a steady workout plan, finally!  I wake up at 5:30am every morning, head to the gym to swim, and then into my new job.  I used to work just 3 days a week, so to jump to 5 and throw in morning workouts..I've been exhausted!  But happy.  When I swim, and first start out, I think so much about what I'm doing and how I'm hurting.  Then when I reach the break through moment, it's like I just go - I don't think about it and my mind wanders.  I wanted to get to that point in both swimming and the new job before trying to figure out things to write about.

2- Took a trip to Chicago/Indiana.  I went to see the fam in between jobs.  I did not much of anything for a week and it was fabulous!


This picture was taken with my iphone, toy camera app, at the parents house.

3- Is not as fun as 1 and 2.  It's actually quite sad.  We have no air conditioning at home!  It is HOT right now, high 90s, same on the inside of my house.  We put a wall unit in the bedroom to make it bearable to sleep, so I don't much leave that room when I'm home.  The computer is in the hot part of the house, which I haven't braved for blogging sake.

These are the facts, just the facts.

I had a blogging project I thought about taking on.  It will depend on if I can make it work, but I've been thinking - I'd really like to start going out to a restaurant, maybe once a week, then I'll do a post featuring the restaurant and what I ate.  The next post I will try to recreate the recipe at home, maybe making it healthier.  Or just recreating it to the best I can.  I am kind of excited about trying this out, although with the lack of a/c it may have to wait until fall.  But I am excited enough to maybe try it out now.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for sticking with me during that little hiatus...I am going to do my best to be a better blogger from henceforward!

Now!  I'm going to go catch up on all of YOUR blogs!






3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we all need to take a break - for whatever the reasons! Congratulations on your new job and the workout program. I need to get into a routine like that. Hope you have wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats on the job & the working out, but you poor thing without A/C!! I hope you guys can get it fixed soon, since summer has just started!

    Your new blogging feature idea sounds great, and I can't wait to read the posts when you start with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Karina!

    Congrats on the new job and the workout plan! I, too, have new job (about 1.5 months) and have embarked on a workout plan. It's kind of like we are twins or something ;-)

    Do you have family in IN? What part? My extended family is in Southern Indiana - Evansville and Dubois County areas.

    Your new blog plan sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete