Monday, February 7, 2011

Take me Away

One of my new year's resolutions was to stop buying People and US Weekly magazines. I found myself spending way too much money on them, and celeb gossip?  Really?  Do I need to know why the stars are just like us?  No.  I'm sure they are and just knowing that helps me sleep better at night.  I don't need a magazine to tell me that I drink the same nonfat grande chai latte as Sandra Bullock.  We all drink coffee.  We all carry our purses more than one time.  Don't we?

Dang it all if I didn't buy a People yesterday.  And then I looked at US online to boot.  That resolution lasted one month and one week.  But it's not the absolute worst resolution to break right?  Diet and exercise plan still going strong, as is the book writing.  Did I tell you I'm writing a book?  I am.  After starting my memoirs I realized there is way too much juicy stuff, why not create a fictional character so as to not disclose anything too sensitive.  Anyway, major resolutions still in check!

And what is with celebs jaunting off to Hawaii anyway?  The weather isn't horrible in Charleston but still..I am having intense desires to go to Hawaii.  It's a yearning really.  An ache that I don't think I can fix until I have the Hawaiian sand between my toes and pineapple drink with a little umbrella in hand.  And lei around my neck of course! 






Oh, to be there. 
Staying focused on those resolutions: diet and exercise will give me a fabulous bikini body to frolic on the beach.  Publishing a book will give me a little spending cash.  Hawaii will be a fabulous reward for reaching my goals.
 I.Can't.Wait.


2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii!! One day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I used to spend a fortune on celeb mags but realised they all have the same stuff in them! Luckily for me my mil buys the so i get them second hand :) Exciting that you are writting a book! I would love to write ful time x

    ReplyDelete