Saturday, February 5, 2011

Turkey Apple Salad

Happy Superbowl weekend!  As I thought would happen, I have revised my superbowl menu, because I'm indecisive like that.  It's just going to be hub and I so I realized I was going to be making much too much food for just 2.  Simplified, I will be making taco dip.  I have some avocados that I need to use up so I'll make some guacamole with it.  That should do us, but heaven help me if I can't stop thinking about these Mexican Chocolate Brownies featured by Mary at One Perfect Bite.  On Monday I will be starting the 30 day Tracy Anderson method, so those just may be my last hurrah. 

Here is one of my favorite recipes lately, Turkey Apple Salad from the Sonoma Diet Cookbook.  I can't get enough of it quite honestly.  It is amazing when just made but out of this world the next day.  We like to eat it on crackers or just as is, grab a spoon and dive in.  It would also be great in a wrap or on lettuce. It is ridiculously easy to make too.  Hope you enjoy!




Turkey Apple Salad
Recipe from the Sonoma Diet Cookbook

12 ounces cooked turkey breast, shredded
1 cup chopped green apple
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup dried tart cherries (I didn't have any, but it would be great with or without!)
1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 to 1 tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apple, celery, walnuts, green onions, parsley, and cherries.

In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.  Add the sour cream mixture to the turkey mixture, stir until blended.



2 comments:

  1. That salad does sound totally yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! so happy I found your blog! this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete