Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hangin on a Tuesday

I get several cooking magazines~ subscribe to a few,  sometimes can't put one down at Barnes and Noble so I buy it, others I think are going to be good judging by the cover and end up disappointing.  BUT there is one magazine, by far my favorite of the year, it comes out once a year, and I've bought it for the past 5 years.  Except for last year when I don't think they released one.  Every single recipe I've made has been fabulous.  Want to know what it is?!


YES - Prize winning recipes!  Every single recipe fabulous in it's own way.  It was a happy happy day yesterday when I found it for sale at the Home Depot.  Even better, I was so excited to find a soups/stews and light baking categories!  Hubby just happens to be sick so I made the top prize winning soup which was awesome!!

Once again life has happened and I missed a few days of the P90X.  I am not by any means giving up - I got on the scale this morning and was down 8 pounds total so far for the year!  It's hard to give up when you're seeing results.  This afternoon I will be back at it again, today is chest/back/ab day - hello boys and girls can you say one million push ups?  

I also happened upon some old high school pictures which is also a great motivator. **  It just so happens I had the willpower of an athlete back in the day.  I remember my weight had to be 125.  If it started to creep to 130, I got my booty on that bike and spun till that 5 lbs was gone.  When I was eating, I would eat not to get full but just to no longer be hungry.  I had a motto that I had found in a magazine - "Immediate gratification is for babies."  Where did I get that willpower and where has it gone??  Alright well.  If I did it once for sure I can do it again. 

**All of a sudden I forgot how to spell and had to google "motivator."  When I did, the site for demotivations came up and I discovered you can create your own.  Ooh.  This one is going to require some thought but I can't wait!!  Here's one they had ready made:


I don't know if you can read it but it says "BLOGGING - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few."

LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment