Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting to know you Sunday


Head HERE for today's questions and to link up! 
Happy beautiful-I can relax better because there's no work tomorrow- Sunday!

1. Have you ever snooped around someone else's house?
Haha...no.  My dear parents raised to me treat others like I would like to be treated, and so I always wonder would I like someone to do this to me?  And if the answer is no, I don't do it..  So I always try to respect people's privacy.

 

2. Can guys and girls be friends? ( thanks Jen!)
In my experience - No.  Only if one of them is gay.  Sorry but it's true. 
3. Can you curl your tongue?
I CAN but never do, why would I do such a silly thing??

4. Have you ever stolen anything?
welllllllllllll...I can't say no.  When I was about 10 there was a store that had those pretty colored stones.  My friend decided we should each take one (I know, it was peer pressure!  Peer pressure is a terrible thing for a young girl no?)  I was giggling the whole time but was impressed at the way she did it.  I was thinking, eh, I guess just reach in and grab one, walk away.  I'm sure the giggling didn't draw any attention. 
Her?  She picked up 2 at once, making it look like she only grabbed one, and then put the 1 back with the other hidden away already.  I marveled at how she knew to do such a thing. 
And giggled.



 
5. Would you rather talk on the phone or text?
I'm a texter, much to several people's chagrin, non-texters if you will.  And don't worry, Oprah, I would never text and drive.
6. Memorial Day plans?
Nothing major planned, it is the first day of school, can you believe they start on a holiday?  So - school, BBQ, and a movie with hubs.


7. What do you do to relax?
Nothing relaxes me like WATER.  So, when I'm in shape, swimming relaxes me.  Or staring at the ocean, or any body of water ranging in size from ocean to retention pond.  Not so much puddles though.  If there's no water to look at, I take a shower.



 
8. Do you do anything to honor those that have died fighting for our freedom?
What a question this is.  For the last several years, men and women have been giving their lives for US to be free.  How do you honor that?  I haven't found a great way yet.  I have not done anything.  But I can hardly even wrap my head around it..how much I appreciate what they do and respect them and pray for them..Nothing seems enough. 

THANK YOU to all those who served our country.

Please go HERE to see the most touching images I've seen to honor these men and women.








2 comments:

  1. I see that you are textually active as well, well technically I'm not anymore since I'm in text rehab. I cheat once in a while and use my yahoo account to text, it's just easier.
    I love the water too, it really is soothing.
    Thanks for the comment! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed at your answer about texting & Oprah:)

    You are right about our military! Great answer.

    ReplyDelete