Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just chillin


This is my last week of vacation before summer school starts, so I'm chillin.  I had a whole to do list for this month:

To Do:
- Deep clean house
- Finish painting
- Start workout program
- Work on book
- Blog more often

What really happened:
- Vacation
- Naps
- Watched movies.
- Lots of movies
- Read a few books
- Naps

Ugh.  Right?

Now I'm taking stock of the ol life, as I so often do, and frustrated with myself.  Yeah, sometimes we need a break, and it was indeed nice.. but I didn't accomplish anything.  Know how you can laze around all day, and then not feel relaxed, but if you spend all day cleaning, you go to bed in a clean house and THAT is more relaxing in the long run?  Yeah.  I didn't so much do that.

Remember the Shape Up of Twenty Ten?  It went well, real well, in the beginning.  I did the cleanse, started treadmilling it, going to the gym.  Somewhere, at some unknown time, it stopped.  Then started again, I joined Weight Watchers, but then went on vacation and ate lots of pizza.  And today, guess what?  I am only down 3 pounds for the year, when I was hoping to be down 30 at this point.  And I am really kicking myself, because every so often I like a good beach day, only now a beach day is not a relaxing day because I'm thinking about how uncomfortable I am in a bathing suit.

I don't like to blog about this anymore - I hate being a talker and not a doer.  I'm only talking about this now because I'm hoping for a turnaround.  I've done it before and I can do it again.  Sometimes I look at the road ahead and the journey seems so tremendous, but every journey starts with one step, so here goes..

To all those friends who blog about their weight loss journey, keep on going!  You all inspire me and it's great to know you're not alone.

I am ready to look like this:


And I hope this is the last time I will take the first step towards getting there!



1 comment:

  1. Hey, you weigh three pounds less than you did at the start of the year, so don't beat yourself up. I'm really glad to hear your enjoyed the break between classes. That will hold you in good stead when things get crazy again. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete