Monday, April 18, 2011

Honey Cashew Green Beans

Here is a very simple side I found on allrecipes.com that I am at this very moment ready to eat the whole thing!  Just as dinner was about to be ready, hubs had to run to finish his taxes..talk about last minute.  So here I sit, waiting on him and dinner, although, now that recipe is up on blog, I do think it's time to just eat it!  Sorry hubs.  Some of us got our taxes in on time!   I did have a bite as it was finished and it is definitely blog worthy, unlike some of the other mishaps I've had lately. 



Honey Cashew Green Beans
Recipe from allrecipes.com

1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 Tbsp coarsely chopped cashews (or any nut you have on hand)
4 1/2 tsp butter
1 Tbsp honey

Place beans in a steamer basket and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp tender.  Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter and saute cashews for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.  Stir in honey; heat through.  Transfer beans to the skillet and toss to coat.  Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment