Sunday, December 6, 2009

Butter my butt and call me biscuit!

A couple of weeks ago I went to a Pampered Chef party. I've known about Pampered Chef for some time, but have never been to a party nor bought anything. Well. Sucker for kitchen stuff am I, although I did show restraint because I wanted a lot more, we spent around $100. The majority of which went towards their deep covered baker, enter into exhibit A:


Exhibit A

This thing will cook a whole chicken, raw to ready to eat in 30 minutes! IN THE MICROWAVE. Whaaaat? For real! And you probably wouldn't believe either if I told you, it was the juiciest chicken ever. And you probably wouldn't believe it if I told you, I am not the best at making whole birds.

I mean, I can make chicken breasts and various recipes with ground meat, but the whole bird? I've made probably 4 turkeys in my life, and this was only my 2nd chicken. Of the 6, I've only made 1 that came out without a hiccup. By hiccup I mean, duh - you left the giblets in! Who does that? Me. I even reached in and pulled something out, apparantly it wasn't everything! This deliciously juicy chicken? I told my husband - I don't know what's wrong with this bird? I've never seen anything like it - I stuck my knife in to cut off the breast meat and it was just bone.. where's the breast? Somehow I pulled a few squibbles of meat to serve us for dinner, all in all, what's up with this bird? Disappointment.

After dinner, hehheh. I went to see if any other meat could be saved for later consumption, and ta-da! Flipped the bird over and there were the breasts!! Are you kidding me!? I was carving it upside down the whole time??!! I'd like to think that now, I've learned and done everything stupid that's possible, next time I will make a perfect bird.

Back to Exhibit A -- I wish I could buy this pot for everyone, it is miraculous! I highly recommend you find a Pampered Chef representative and buy this immediately! Now! I will wait until you come back.



Then click HERE for the recipe. I didn't use this recipe but I'll try it next time.

I've got to get my buttered butt back to studying. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, that sounds like even I could cook it! Beautiful covered dish.

    ReplyDelete