Thursday, August 19, 2010

Double Chocolate Brownies

Better late than never right?  I may have missed my blog's big day but that's no excuse to skip the brownies..am I right or am I right?  Yes, I am slimming, so I had a wee little piece and will be bringing the rest to work!


Double Chocolate Brownies


3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1-1/3 cups AP flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks

In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter.  Add boiling water; stir until well blended.  Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining butter.

Add flour, vanilla, and salt.  Stir in the chocolate chunks.  Pour into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan.  Cool.

Recipe from Taste of Home
Prize Winning Recipes 2008

Now if you will excuse me, I've some treadmilling to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment