Sunday, August 29, 2010

GTKY Sunday

Getting to know YOU


Here are today's questions from MannLand5..head on over and link up!

1. If you accidently knick a car in a parking lot..Do you leave a note or do you get the heck out of there?
I don't know what you're talking about.  I didn't see any other cars?  Were there cars there?  I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

And then I will feel guilty for the rest of my life.

Really, I would leave a note.  I have a conscience like that and if I was the one hit, I'd be soo mad if someone didn't leave a note.

Also it depends on the size of the knick.

2. Love your body or plastic surgery?
Love your body.  I think.  From a soon to be 32 year old perspective.  Ask me in 10 years.

3. What about your favorite blog(s) continues to drive you back?
I like blogs that make me smile, make me giggle, or follow someone's life journey that's similar to my own. Or have fabulous recipes!

4. What percent of your blog is BS just to make your life seem more interesting than it really is?
I like to think I keep it real.  Sometimes if I'm down about something I don't show it, but I don't think I sugarcoat.  So I will give myself a 2% BS..I don't know why, maybe because 0 seems like I'm lying and part of me doesn't want to lie to you, even though I can't think of how I'm lying, but surely I should give myself a small blip on the BS scale.  I don't know.

5. If you had to give up one type of meat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Already I don't eat red meat, so that is very easy to say I'll give up.  I went vegetarian for about 9 months 2 years ago. Read the book Skinny Bitch and I bet you will go vegetarian too!

6. How often to you eat out?
Usually twice a week, dinners on Saturday and Monday.

7. Skinny jeans or boot cut jeans?
This booty was not made for skinny jeans.  Boot cut!  (Did a man really come up with this question I wonder?)

8. If you caught your spouse cheating would you forgive, divorce, or plan your kill?
I HATE to even think of such a question, I don't think you ever really know how you will react to a situation until you are in it.  Right now, I say divorce, once that trust is broken that worry will always be there between you, every time they leave the house and you wonder where they are really going..and that's no way to live.  So divorce and move on!

I WON'T end on such a sour note!  It's Sunday, which is a fun day no?  This has been a great week, and though I'm not home in bed where I long to be, I feel great today.  Ever wake up on the "right" side of the bed in the morning?  I woke up today and had some unknown excitement inside of me, an energy previously unknown to me at 5am. 

I think because my birthday is rapidly approaching and for me, it's been like going through the stages of grief.  You know, first shock and denial (I thought I had another week before my birthday, surely it's not NEXT WEEK!  NOOoOOo!) , then pain and guilt (this one hit me hard! How can I be turning another year older when I didn't accomplish anything at 31?!), then anger and bargaining, depression and reflection (Oh how sad I was on Thursday), the upward turn (Happened yesterday), reconstruction and working through (last night), and today!  Today I hit acceptance and hope!  Because although 31 sucked - 32 is going to be the year that changes my life!

I mean, it's ridiculous really, no?  To go through stages of grief over a birthday?  Who does such a thing, honestly! 

If you are home on this glorious Sunday, do me a favor please, get off this computer and go enjoy the day! 

There are unfortunate people at work all over the world who do not have it so lucky.
Some people don't even have WINDOWS to look out of.


Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
Da-uh? Space out?
Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.


So go on then, go, enjoy your Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Believe me billy bear ham is the most disgusting thing ever. xxx

    I am your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! How did that monkey get there???

    Haha. Well, I just HAD to become a follower of your blog. I love getting recipes and that Sicilian dish looks amazing! (I'm Sicilian, so maybe I'm just partial).

    **PS: Did you know that you don't have your email set up so I can reply via email to your comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Great answers! Don't worry about becoming 32, ok? I LOVED my 30's...and my 40's and each year thereafter. I truly believe that females have a change of life experience around the age of 30...your values change, you become stronger, you create a life plan, etc. Lots of good stuff!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower here too! so many of our answers are the same...cant' wait to get to knowyou better!
    gen

    ReplyDelete