Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Drank

Recently a friend said we should meet for cocktails and it sent me into a whirlwind of thought.

You know when someone says something on tv and you see everything they think
bam bam bam bam BAM BAM WHACK back to reality and no time has passed?
You know?

Ok, so here are my bams..and please forgive the randomness but hey, just blogging about what's in the brain, see?

Bam #1
The old commercial:

We got soda, purple stuff, SUNNY D!  Alright!  *high five*


Bam #2
Purple stuff, that's like "drank" We used to drive out to nowhere to a random convenience store, back in Detroit, to get some drank.  It was gross awful stuff, but memorable just in the fact we could sit on a curb in an abandoned parking lot and have drank.



Bam #3
Drank sounds so..cheap.  Cocktails sound so...sophisticated.
"The ladies and I shall be meeting at ten.  Join us for cocktails?"


Why!  That sounds absolutely lovely!


Bam #4
Cocktails?  What a curious word that is.  Combine "cock" with "tail" and it means..drink?
Huh.  Who came up with that one I wonder?

Sorta a Bam #5
Look it up on wikipedia!
Cocktail is a stimulating liquor composed of spirits of any kind, sugar, water, and bitters—it is vulgarly called a bittered sling and is supposed to be an excellent electioneering potion, inasmuch as it renders the heart stout and bold, at the same time that it fuddles the head. It is said, also to be of great use to a Democratic candidate: because a person, having swallowed a glass of it, is ready to swallow anything else.


Oh.  ehm. Ok.  Sorry. 
Not so sophisticated anymore.

WHACK

This is where I smirk, see, when people ask me a simple question and my brain immediately and simultaneously has these thoughts, I smirk and answer.

YES, Let's!




2 comments:

  1. I'll never think of the word cocktail in the same way now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!!
    So glad I found your lovely blog. I look forward to following along with you on all of life's many adventures!
    Smiles...
    Susie

    ReplyDelete