Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Great Thanksgiving Menu

I have to work on Thanksgiving, can you believe that bunk!?  Someone break out the violin, hand me some cheese to go with my w(h)ine, and give me the pathetic sad face!

This leaves me to cook our Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday, which means today, I shop.  I just finished the grocery list and hope for a week's worth of leftovers out of this meal, because this wipes out my grocery budget for the next 2 weeks.

Here are the recipes I'll be using:

From Pioneer Woman:  Turkey brine, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pumpkin cream pie.  Wow, I didn't realize how much of her recipes I was using until I wrote all that out.  I almost considered not doing mashed potatoes this year, for health's sake, but after seeing PW on Throwdown with Bobby Flay last night, I made a command decision: mashed potatoes were back on the menu!


And from Southern Living Magazine, a necessary slow cooker dish.  You gotta have one right, saves so much time!




And stuffing, no recipe attached.  I'm sorry to say I can't make it from scratch, and by can't I mean I am too much in love with making the ol box of Stovetop, I saute up carrots, onion, and celery with crumbled spicy breakfast sausage, then add in the Stovetop.  And there is no other for me.

I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!

It's just going to be hubs and I so if you are free on Tuesday, come on by!



2 comments:

  1. Those mashed potatoes do deserve to be on the menu, yum! Gotta love the Pioneer Woman's recipes! I have her book on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I added a link to your blog at my Hub. Great blog you have.
    hubpages.com/hub/Lemon-Zest-Blueberry-Muffins

    ReplyDelete