Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Roasted Butternut Squash

Here is a very simple Thanksgiving side recipe, and so tasty too.  While in Barnes yesterday I was flipping through Ina Garten's new cookbook, How Easy is That?  I really was tempted to buy, but truth be told I had to make a choice.  I've been wanting to join the group French Fridays with Dorie and I can only afford 1 cookbook.  Do I need yet another cookbook, definitely not, if you ask the hubs, but I say YES.  There's always room for more!  So I just perused the How Easy is That book for now..maybe I will get it after the holidays.  For now, I bought Around my French Table by Dorie Greenspan and I look forward to joining her cooking group!

I couldn't just leave the book at Barnes without snagging a recipe or two though.  I had a butternut squash waiting at home for me, so I copied this simple (I mean, how easy is that!?) recipe.  It tastes so good.  Did I say that already?  It's GOOD.  The only thing I'd say, for Thanksgiving, is make this last..it did turn cold rather quickly.



Roasted Butternut Squash
Recipe from Ina Garten, How Easy is That?

1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and 1 inch diced
3 Tbsp good olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place the squash on a sheet pan, add the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper, and toss with your hands.  Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender, tossing once during cooking so the cubes brown evenly.  Serve hot.




2 comments: