Monday, March 15, 2010

Shoe Addicts Anonymous

One of my favorite things to do is spend a couple hours at the Barnes and Noble.  I walk around the store, pick up about 5 books and 3 magazines, buy myself a grande skinny caramel macchiato (or cinnamon dolce when they have it...yummmm).  And then relax, read, people watch, chill.  Sadly for me, while some people can sit and read the book and put it back, I often end up buying one, often 2.  (Sadly for me = great for Barnes.)  I usually buy 1 book a week, or more depending on how much time spent there. 

Lately I've been going to study.  I need study breaks often, so I get up and look at more books.  Books make me so happy.  Right now, with school and studying, unfortunately most of the reading I do is those few minutes at the store before I buy the book.  I take it home, set it on my shelf and there they all sit, waiting to be read.  When I finally do have time to read, I have such a hard time deciding what I want to read..a thriller whodunit, light hearted chick book, motivational business book, motivational religious book, health, cookbook, economics, what??? I have them all.  I normally will decided on one, read the first chapter then since I have such little time to read, think well maybe I should be reading another.. so basically I've read the first chapter of all my books. 

Today, before going to Barnes I hit the GNC and they were giving away some sort of sample.  It was this chew that gives you energy.  I wish I looked at what it was because then I went to Barnes and I.was.focused!  I didn't even look at the books I brought to the table.. and there was one I really did want to look at too -  "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel" by Karen Karbo.  I even got out today without buying anything!  (Not to worry, dear book, I will still look for you, but used on amazon!) 

One thing I did flip through was the latest InStyle magazine.  I am now wishing I bought it.  But that's another story.  There was a little article on how mid-heels were "IN" this spring!  Now, I don't care about what's in or out, I like what I like.  And I like mid heels, Kitten heels if you will.  Since I got married I tend to stay away from the high heels so I don't tower over hubs.  I love shoes.  Like most gals.  I really really love shoes.  Since these are now in, know what that means?  R.e.a.d.i.l.y. A.v.a.i.l.a.b.l.e!!  Yahoo!

Check out these girls:

In purple too!  Loooooooooooove!

Over HERE they are having a semi-annual shoe-a-thon.  Where these girls are $20.  I want them in yellow.

Gosh, maybe I need shoe addicts anonymous.  I could go on, but this would be quite lengthy!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some shoe browsing to do.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment