Sunday, April 11, 2010

BBQ BABY!!

I came home from work today, after working three 12 hour shifts in a row trapped at a wee desk with a computer.  And what did I do when I got home today?  Got in front of the computer of course!  Albeit just briefly before saying DUH self get outside, it is a beautiful day.  And right on cue, a gentle breeze blew through the window, bringing with it the gentle scent of bbq from down the street. 

At once I whisked myself away from my desk, grabbed my keys and was out the door without a second thought.  To the grocery store!  No time to dilly dally, I picked up all the fixins for a bbq and salad and rushed home.  I mean --> all people, you Sunday drivers, you Sunday grocery shoppers, stand back.  Girl on mission coming through!

So this is what I did.  Got home, started the coals.  Now you may think I'd be embarassed to tell you, I've grilled before but never lighted up charcoals before today.  Ok, maybe I am a little ashamed.  But I'm pushing boundaries here, today, lighting the bbq, tomorrow, the gun range!  And I'm not even kidding.  Guns scare the bejeezus out of me but tomorrow I will face that!  Enough chatter though, onward to food.

Coals started, I threw together a salad.  I often wonder, why do other people's salads always look better than mine?  Today I wasn't disappointed, this here lovely salad worked itself out for us.



It's just a bag of Italian lettuce with mushrooms, tomato, and feta.  I used Giada's Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette, which was pretty good.  Bought at Target, naturally.

Then made the turkey burger patties:



I'm not lying when I tell you that I make the best turkey burgers ever.  I don't even like to have them at restaurants because they just can't get it like mine. 

How arrogant Kaloula.  Honestly.

Here's what I put in them:  1 lb ground turkey, 1/3 cup of your favorite salsa, 1/4 cup chopped onion, a few good shakes of worcestershire, then seasoned with seasoned salt and garlic powder.  If they seem a bit on the moist side, I add about 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs.

These are fabulous.


Mine is topped with some browned mushroom and onions.  (If I wasn't in such a rush to get said burger in belly, I'd have a better photo!)

Serve with salad and ENJOY.


Don't mind if I do...



No comments:

Post a Comment