Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pancakes!


I'm totally inspired by Jennifer Hudson right now, have you seen her?  She looks fabulous!  And I've never been one to be swayed by marketing, but this time, I completely 100% was.  As in, I saw her in a commercial, and joined weight watchers the very next day.  I unofficially started last Wednesday, but yesterday was officially Day 1.  And what better way to kick off a diet plan than with pancakes I ask you?  I found a WW recipe but made quite a few changes, none of which affected point value, just taste value!  Here's my version:

Orange Wheat Pancakes
adapted from Weight Watchers

1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 large eggs, separated
1 Tbsp sugar
1 8oz weight watchers vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp orange extract

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir well.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well combined.  Stir in the yogurt, butter, milk, and orange extract.  Combine with the flour mixture until well mixed.  In a clean medium bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.  Gently fold the whites into the flour mixture.

2.  Coat a nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.  Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each of 18 pancakes onto the griddle amd spread into a 3-1/2 inch circle.  Cook until tops are bubbly 3-4 minutes.  Turn pancakes and cook until edges are lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes longer.

That giant delicious pad of butter in the picture..looks only, I'm afraid!  I didn't need the extra points, but felt the photo needed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment