Saturday, January 1, 2011

11 things for '11

2010 is officially that year that was.  It's amazing that overnight I can wake up and feel transformed, like this is a new beginning, a book of blank pages.  I have my list of resolutions, which are more like goals for the year.  I'll have to share them later in the year because a few of them are surprises!  Oh!  Surprises.. There's a few good ones.  Anyoohoo, I decided right now, I should come up with another list of 11 things I want to do in 2011.  That'll be 2 lists of goals and to-do's but I do enjoy a list, in particular, crossing things off a list.  The resolutions are goals to better myself, this list is more gifts, rewards and a reminder to have fun.  List list list.  Have I said list too much? List.

Here goes, a bucket list if you will, 11 things I'd like to do in 2011:

1.  Daniel Fast (Starting tomorrow! Also on the resolution list)
2.  Jet Ski (I've never been and hello!  I live on the ocean!)
3.  Host a dinner party (a simple thing for some but would you believe I've never done this either?) (really!)


4.  Go hiking, find a waterfall


5.  Run a 5K.  (PS I hate running.  No really, I hate it.  But I think it may be a necessary evil. sigh)
6.  Volunteer
7.  Bring my dog to a dog park

Who?  Me?  Dog Park?

8.  Travel to a city that I have never been to.  Preferably out west.  (goodness!  It's harder than I thought to come up with 11!) 
9.  Learn to use my camera and photoshop. (so mishaps like the background unfinished floor behind my dog don't happen anymore!)
10.  Give random acts of kindness at least twice a month
11.  Take a class to learn something new (I don't know what that something will be yet..)

Ooh I just can't wait.  This is going to be a fabulous year of TCB -- Takin care of business!







4 comments:

  1. Love your 11 in '11 list! What a great idea. May have to come up with my own later today. Happy New Year to you! Can't wait to see what 2011 holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list!

    Daniel fasts are a great way to get clarity and resolution....good luck.

    I plan to run a 5K by the end of 2011 also.

    And, Colorado Springs is a great city out west to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind planning a trip out west either!

    ReplyDelete