Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate for a Cause

A Paws Cause that is!  Valentine's Day is quickly approaching (and by then THIS girl will be able to eat chocolate) (and believe me I plan on it!)

I am 32, and I have only spent very few of those years without a dog, everyone of them a rescue.  I hate to think about how many sweet pups don't find a home.  Those SPCA commercials tear me up, throw in Sarah Mclachlan and I'm dead.  Then the pictures of these dogs, looking all sad.  Ok, here's what I have to say about that.  Marketing, very clever marketing.  Everytime I go to the SPCA, the dogs are barking and excited and saying pick me! No pick me!

Deb @ On Cupcake Moon posted this on facebook and I am all over it.  http://www.rescuechocolate.com/ is a site dedicated to saving lives of animals in rescue organizations around the country.  100% of their net profits are going to help these animals, that is incredible!





Their chocolate is Vegan too!  I would love to give it a try..check out these flavors:



  • Peanut Butter Pit Bull (crispy peanut butter and chocolate, countering the negative public image of the pit bull-type dogs)


  • Pick Me! Pepper (sweet ’n spicy dark chocolate with peppers, highlighting the advantages of choosing pets from animal shelters instead of breeders or pet stores)


  • Foster-iffic Peppermint (dark chocolate with peppermint, highlighting the need for people to provide foster care for shelter animals as they await their forever homes)


  • The Fix (plain 72%, highlighting the importance of spay and neuter)


  • Mission Feral Fig (fig, cranberry, almond, and spices, highlighting the humane solution for feral cats, TNR)



  • FUTURE “Forever Mocha” (mocha coffee flavor, highlighting ways to help people make and honor a lifetime commitment to their pets)

  • I love this idea, love this company!
    Eat chocolate, Save an rescue animal.

    PS - If you'd like to send me chocolate for Valentine's Day, send me an email and I will be more than happy to help you help save an animal.  It would be my pleasure!



    1 comment:

    1. The SPCA commercials get me too. And my kitty cat, Wilson, hates them because I always scoop him up and hug him extra tight when they come on!

      ReplyDelete